Tweet your Green Tech Tip
Continue the Earth Day celebration by sharing your best green tech tips in 140 characters or less. Tap into your creative side, your funny bone, or your inner tree hugger and tech nerd, and share your tip on Twitter for the world to see and a chance to win great prizes. The grand prize will be an Amazon Kindle Fire with several additional Amazon gift card prizes awarded. Cheers to green technology!
Desktop Virtualization Technology: A Green Choice
NComputing's innovative, environmentally friendly desktop virtualization solutions are transforming the world. It is estimated there will be more than two billion PCs in use by 2015 alone. PCs consume far too much electricity and generate too much e-waste to be considered an eco-friendly solution by today's standards. With a typical PC taking approximately 110 watts to run, it's easy to understand what the Silicon Valley Toxics Commission is saying about e-waste being the fastest growing part of today's waste stream.
If NComputing systems were used at a ratio of six NComputing devices to each PC:
- Energy use would decline by more than 143 billion kilowatt hours per year
- CO2 emissions would decrease by 114 million metric tons – the equivalent of planting 550 million trees!
- E-waste would be reduced by 7.9 million metric tons
Sample #GreenTechTip Tweets to Help Inspire You
- Turn my computer off before leaving the office. @NComputing #GreenTechTip
- Plug into the sun! @NComputing #GreenTechTip
- Invent a robot that eats carbon emissions. @NComputing #GreenTechTip #robotsFTW
Official Rules of Entry
- Participants must Tweet their entry in English to @NComputing AND follow @NComputing on Twitter.
- All submissions must include the hashtag #GreenTechTip
- Contest runs: April 25, 2013, at 6:01a.m. PT through May 17 at 11:59 a.m. PT
- NComputing will announce weekly random winners on May 1, May 8 and 15. Grand Prize and Runner-up winners will be announced on Monday, May 20. All winners will be announced via Twitter.
- Prizes include:
- One Grand Prize of an Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G ($399 retail value).
- One Runner-up Prize of a $200 Amazon gift card.
- Six Random Prizes (two winners selected per week) of a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Grand Prize and Runner-up winners will be chosen by a panel of judges based on creativity, humor and/or relevance of submissions. Random winners will be chosen on a weekly basis from among the best submissions of the week.
- Entrants are welcome and encouraged to submit more than one green tech tip!
- Participants must follow @NComputing and submit in English in order to be eligible.
- Participants must include @NComputing and the contest hash tag #GreenTechTip
- NComputing employees are eligible and encouraged to participate, but not eligible to win prizes.
- To encourage additional entries, the best entries will be showcased on NComputing.com, and will possibly be showcased in contest media alerts or blogs and also via Twitter.
- Two random winners will be selected each week from among the best entries to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
- A panel of judges will choose grand prize and runner-up winners based on creativity and relevance of submissions.
- The winners will be notified directly on Twitter and announced at NComputing.com
Learn more about NComputing's eco-friendly desktop virtualization solutions at: NComputing.com